Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Get Rid of Biju Rules? Or are major amendments the better route?  (Read 16276 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Get Rid of Biju Rules? Or are major amendments the better route?
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 06:05:28 AM »

I believe it's these all-sensing, all-seeing, selectively-blocking barriers that pretty much have no flaw to them that ruins the IC-hunt portion. Granted, by village has giant guards that can roll you up like a blunt and fire you off into the distance on their giant crossbows. But that's only if you do something really destructive to alert them. And I have a rain-sensing system too, but I don't really abuse it at all. The gate policy is pretty much open for anyone to pass through, so long as they don't blatantly try to draw attention to themselves.

It's when you make people go through tons of hoops is when it can get irritating. If you doubt your abilities to go sneak your way into a village with sensible defenses, then maybe hunting a Tailed Beast isn't for you. It's not a bad thing. It just means that you'll have to learn to work with what you have.

It's this part that gives me pause about the whole damn thing. But who's to say, that not every single person is gonna fair and civil, and not meta-game at all! >_> Logic does, and by virtue of the history of peoples actions we have definitive proof that this method will simply be abused as well.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:09:18 AM by Riku »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2015, 06:07:49 AM »

I believe it's these all-sensing, all-seeing, selectively-blocking barriers that pretty much have no flaw to them that ruins the IC-hunt portion. Granted, by village has giant guards that can roll you up like a blunt and fire you off into the distance on their giant crossbows. But that's only if you do something really destructive to alert them. And I have a rain-sensing system too, but I don't really abuse it at all. The gate policy is pretty much open for anyone to pass through, so long as they don't blatantly try to draw attention to themselves.

It's when you make people go through tons of hoops is when it can get irritating. If you doubt your abilities to go sneak your way into a village with sensible defenses, then maybe hunting a Tailed Beast isn't for you. It's not a bad thing. It just means that you'll have to learn to work with what you have.

Yeah, if all the villages didn't have a defense against everything, that'd be awesome x.x You look at Kumo that has barriers that, like, affect foreign chakra(or did, back when zenaku did it) from space time stuff to Otogakure. Where their only barrier is a space time one and besides that all they have is a really tall wall and lots of Kunai launchers >.>;
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2015, 06:13:11 AM »

Or keep em, do away with the rules, and go back to our lives with one less headache to deal with.

This is actually a thing people want to do? So that every current host can give everyone else the middle finger, and throw them deuces? Wut.

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. Either get rid of the bijuus or follow the rules. There's no in-betweens. >.>

I'd say get rid of them. Blam! One less headache and pain in the ass we don't have to deal with. All this bickering about it is mainly pointless.

Mainly pointless to those who do not care about the bijuu, and the fun they bring to RP when you aren't dealing with the bitching.

If history suggests anything, if the hunts are IC, there will be issues eventually. While I will not outright say the community sucks (because then there is not really any hope here) the rules themselves, when followed and combined with some sense on both sides, did not cause a great hubbub. Trev, Dato, Kamui, myself, and others have had good fights under these rules (granted, I did not have IC hunt as a requirement, an exception among the lots cast for the most part).

Abolishing the rules alone will almost certainly accomplish only so much, where only a few bother with going after tailed beasts and the rest live on with their lives. And if any topics are brought here, it'll be about the village battles that likely result (so and so did this and that, which aint legit, but no bro, you did that and this, which aint legit).

An OOC only challenge system I would support as well as abolishing the rules. However, the vast majority of my support goes to banning the tailed beasts altogether, as others have already said.

From what I have seen personally, the "lots of RP with the biju" thing is the exception rather than the norm for jinchurikii. But that's only from what I've seen, especially as of late.

*totallly for not even caring who has a beast as well
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:14:10 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2015, 06:17:01 AM »

Let me explain something to you all. It is a very simple understand I have reached over my years here at SL and at forums.

You can not enforce rules and laws of rp at a site that was not made for rp in the first place. SL was not crafted to have any set style of rp. It is a free lance place of madness and it works people. Look at our golden days if you don't believe me.

SL is like the outworld or rp. It is cauos, madness, crazy mess, a place logic behind a post isn't needed so long as the posteris enjoying it. Forums are like the inworld they are crafted on set rules, guidelines, set up, ect from the very start. You have no choice but to follow them. They are the law.

How do forums do this? Simple if you don't follow the rp law you get kicked off the site. Now you tell m is anyone gonna get kicked of SL for not following a rp rule? No. I can rp being a midget turtle power ranger with ten tails and there isn't squat anyone will do as far as punishment goes.

Try try and try as hard as you want but your rules and your community will always fail. I promise you that. Because SL does not support such an idea. It is a place of freedom.  You wanna see something awesome happen? Do away with all rp rules...ALL. Do away with your villages and logic behind everything. Make it to where you can to anywhere you want in any fashion you want.  People will go back to having fun once again. What is goin on now isn't fun. It's a shit show

Go ahead try to enforce more rules upon rules and you'll kill this site because it want be what it originally was. Prime example Uzumaki Online ( forgive me Neji if I shouldn't mention that name). I do think tat site is dead. Their strict rp killed them.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2015, 06:19:53 AM »

Or just let the site die cause you all suck.

Get rid of the tailed best, people will fight over items, village land, IC titles, etc. And cause the same arguments.

You guys claim nobody follows the rules, so strip them. Site has been long headed towards a split of people that follow certain rules while other people follow a different set. Stop trying to get along, and let the community split and anarchy reign and there be no standard rp, community, or continuity.

There will be multiple people that claim to be the sage of six paths, multiple people with the same tailed beast, etc. You all wanted freedom from rules that nobody follows, well here it is. Let's not pretend SL rp is legit and just let it go.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2015, 06:22:26 AM »

Yeah, if all the villages didn't have a defense against everything, that'd be awesome x.x You look at Kumo that has barriers that, like, affect foreign chakra(or did, back when zenaku did it) from space time stuff to Otogakure. Where their only barrier is a space time one and besides that all they have is a really tall wall and lots of Kunai launchers >.>;
We actually don't have the wall anymore. Just a fence to make sure the sheep and cattle don't break loose lol

And I think that getting rid of the rules would cause some strife and segregation from this site. But I'm also curious to what will end up happening in the end. I always hear about how 'good' this place was back in the day before there were rules. Perhaps this will cause people to either go back to those ways or maybe some people will just want things to go back to what they are now.
We also have to remember that not all of the RPers on this site come to the forum, so they might not even care what conclusion everyone here comes to. They'll just keep doing what they do and hopefully be happy with it. And that's okay.
And I heard that there was some sort of attempt on separating the 'normal' RPers from the 'serious' RPers years ago with some sort of separate site. I'm guessing that eventually evolved to the RP that goes on the forum today. But I also heard that also caused a great exodus from this place.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:34:47 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2015, 06:41:53 AM »

We actually don't have the wall anymore. Just a fence to make sure the sheep and cattle don't break loose lol

And I think that getting rid of the rules would cause some strife and segregation from this site. But I'm also curious to what will end up happening in the end. I always hear about how 'good' this place was back in the day before there were rules. Perhaps this will cause people to either go back to those ways or maybe some people will just want things to go back to what they are now.
We also have to remember that not all of the RPers on this site come to the forum, so they might not even care what conclusion everyone here comes to. They'll just keep doing what they do and hopefully be happy with it. And that's okay.
And I heard that there was some sort of attempt on separating the 'normal' RPers from the 'serious' RPers years ago with some sort of separate site. I'm guessing that eventually evolved to the RP that goes on the forum today. But I also heard that also caused a great exodus from this place.
I was waiting for a SLS reference to pop up. Lol.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:00 AM »

Or just let the site die cause you all suck.

Get rid of the tailed best, people will fight over items, village land, IC titles, etc. And cause the same arguments...

Yeah no, none of those items have had the explosive potency of the tailed beasts, because none of those are required to be accessible to everyone on SL. The tailed beasts have been however, and it's because of that necessity that so much work had been put into trying to make rules and regulations for them so that differing RP groups might can come together and compete for them.

That social experiment, naturally, fell flat on its face when faced with the reality that there are always going to be lawbreakers, and without adequate punishment they are going to carry on doing what they are doing.

But, this is a game, a naruto rpg at that. We can strip all day, but considering what has to be done to get a strip executed and acknowledged (and the beast relocated), it might as well be the American justice system minus the exorbitant literal fees. School has started back up, and this has been going on for years, cannibalizing itself as exceptions and bad choices compound with belligerent attitudes and uncompromisable positions. Is it worth the dang trouble to make this work?

I am finally of the opinion that no, it really isn't. The beasts aren't worth it (replace it with a custom beast of the same name and disposition if you want a voice inside your head) and neither is the biju RP, at least not to me.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2015, 05:52:45 PM »

I'm definitely an advocate for simply voiding out the bijū and their affairs. Reason being the community has difficulty in implementing proper RP protocol in pursuit of the beasts and it drastically increases hostilities to the point it affects OOC and out of game emotions.

If they are to remain in-game, then I would say nix all the rules except the following:

1) Don't be a dick.
2) Be active. (Post at least once every two weeks)
3) Promote RP activity by making it IC hunt.
4) Be a damn ninja.
5) Be honorable and respectful to one another.
6) Cannot iterate enough: Don't be an asshat.
7) Don't meta-game or god-mod.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2015, 06:13:16 PM »

Keep the biju, drop the rules save for activity and allowing people to find you.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2015, 06:20:52 PM »

Keep the biju, drop the rules save for activity and allowing people to find you.

I'd agree with that guy ^
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2015, 02:16:50 AM »

I'd agree with that guy ^

Triple this ^
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2015, 03:11:46 AM »

Seal them all away.  :P
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2015, 03:15:31 AM »

Seal them all away.  :P
This is the best idea so far! Too bad it'll never happen.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »

I'm gonna edit my rules then. See how this plays out.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.