Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 32292 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2015, 12:49:31 AM »

Does make me wonder what people think this next 'something' people'd fight over would be. On the fly I can't really think of much anything unique besides SSM swords, and even out of those its largely just samehada's fusion nonsense that couldn't be replicated with relative ease.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2015, 12:52:38 AM »

Does make me wonder what people think this next 'something' people'd fight over would be. On the fly I can't really think of much anything unique besides SSM swords, and even out of those its largely just samehada's fusion nonsense that couldn't be replicated with relative ease.

Sword of Kusanagi, Yata mirror, Samehada, Edo tensei, Summons, Clan ranks, custom stuff that imitates any of the previously mentioned Items

I could go on for ever.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2015, 03:39:02 AM »

My sari, go-go boots of invulnerability, or Uchia eyeball hair pin.
And you know....

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2015, 05:08:33 AM »

Sword of Kusanagi, Yata mirror, Samehada, Edo tensei, Summons, Clan ranks, custom stuff that imitates any of the previously mentioned Items

I could go on for ever.

You can literally ignore anybody's claims to 1/3rd of that stuff (Yata mirror, custom stuff that imitates previously mentioned items, summons, and clan ranks) without anyone but the RPer who has it (and a few of their associates) getting too upset over it.

I agree with your earlier sentiment that people are problematic, but people can be ignored. Issues compound with bad reception when the issues can't just be shoved aside (biju, the only thing in this entire SL game that most forum goers as a whole have not voided/worked out at will/convenience). Edo Tensei, hiraishin, techniques don't even get all that heated anymore (even then they were far less frequent in occurence).

Other than character death, there is no other issue I am aware of besides biju (and RP involving it) that swirls such a negative stir around here. Not even when Zenaku was around to pretty much lord over the beasts and swat his lessers in zone fighting.

I just find this entire poll to be hilariously idiotic due to the number of people who have argued vociferously to be rid of the Bijuu when, they do not Rp with the general public, haven't played SL in a number of years, have never been apart of the Bijuu affairs, and now come out of the woodwork and are rallying for a change that literally has no effect on them. Like honestly, some of these votes need to be reconsidered and then made null.

Oh I know I'm going to grab some heat here for this, and for those of you who know I'm speaking of you in this post, crawl back into the corners of obscurity where you belong and please leave the things that so many people hold precious alone.

Not that I agree anyone should be returning to a hovel of obscurity, but I would not doubt that there are those on the other side of the coin (amend the rules) who fall in that same boat.

Honestly, It is really difficult to explain why this is just a stupid idea when people have no intention of listening to an opinion that does not cater to their ideals, but I’m gonna give it a shot.

First off, getting rid of Biju is unfair for those who have spent significant amounts of time fighting just to get a chance at earning a beast. This is a painstakingly long process that most of us have had to go through, and to throw it away is literally a slap in our faces...

And it's a slap in the face of the caring lot when those who want the biju around still cannot stand higher than the pedastal they put the beasts on. Some hunters and hosts alike have been guilty of being crap at being civil, but most importantly, at actually setting aside whatever to actually keep a RP moving. Without getting out of hand, it's painful having to actually moderate a discussion getting out of hand, or even contribute when, as you have said before, the two sides are adamant about not giving ground on absolutely anything.

In my case at least, I'm sick of the crap coming from those who want to keep the beasts, but are doing everything possible to make keeping them a living hell (for those trying to hunt them usually, but hunters have been pretty obnoxious too) for all who suffer the misfortune of wanting to see the conflict resolved.

The idea that anything will be fought over as hard as the tailed beasts when everything else can be copied into oblivion with custom techs to me is unimaginable.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2015, 03:42:19 AM »

So, uh.... what now?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2015, 09:44:35 PM »

So, uh.... what now?

Now, we all convene at round table and have some pie! :P
But seriously, I am certain that I am going to have the lock this soon. :oops:

Razvan

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2015, 02:51:37 AM »

I for one find it quite ironic that the pool is almost 50% for both options.It just sums up the community which can never really agree on something and resolve it,especially when it comes to the beasts.

I think everyone should be allowed to do what they want at this point,be it amend the rules or void the bijuu.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2015, 04:26:12 AM »

I for one find it quite ironic that the pool is almost 50% for both options.It just sums up the community which can never really agree on something and resolve it,especially when it comes to the beasts.

I think everyone should be allowed to do what they want at this point,be it amend the rules or void the bijuu.

Yep. Just do what you want and rp with who you want. It's so simple yet to complex for people to understand.

You are really gonna argue over what rule should be enforced? When no matter which one it is it will hurt someone in some fashion? Just folow one rule where everyone wins... Do what 'YOU' want.

In the end I don't really care what you all decide to do. I'll still log on and just kinda hang around. My days of hardcore rping are over. The game just lost its fun aspect about a year and a half ago. Really there is no point to any of it. No plots to actually be worthy of devoting time to, no leveling buzz these days, dp is worthless, and no challenges or worthy opponents left.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:35:42 AM by UettoSenju »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »

So, uh.... what now?

Now, we all convene at round table and have some pie! :P
But seriously, I am certain that I am going to have the lock this soon. :oops:

First off, apologies to Kamui for reviving this topic, but there is just one thing I have to get settled.

Okay, so I took my own advice and went back through to count up commentary and hard votes. Not surprisingly I did not come up with 33 total votes (more like 22) and only came across a single vote that presumably was from someone without a forum account, and that is Gitsune.

You all can check my tally (since mine along the way differed from Kage's both times) but excluding Gitsune's vote, the comments for and against:

Amend: 12

Void: 11

Destroy rules: 1

Including Gitstune's:

Gitsune wants her voice heard. She votes to void/abolish all bijū as well.

It's still a tie of 12 v 12 with 1 for break the rules.

If Gitsune did not make a forum account at any point, then would her vote count for void the biju and break the hard tally, or would it maintain a tie in the commentary tally? Again, I apologize again for bringing this back up, but I don't feel like I personally have closure on the topic matter.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2015, 01:55:34 PM »

I think her vote counts twice.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2015, 01:59:45 PM »

I must not be able to count, because this is what I see...
Some confusion among the votes posts that I could tell which way they were voting.

The options were just too ambiguous, with respect to the responses when terminology to go one way or the other was not distinctly stated.

anyway...this is what I see with names of each person.

Amend Rules
1] Deathstroke
2] Kayenta
3] Riku
4] Rusaku
5] Dato abolish rules save inactivty? might change if village ownership activated.
6] Kage
7] Athos
8] Mei
9] Becquerel
10] Uchiha Madara
11] Camel
12] Ichirou
13] Masane
14]
15]

Void bijuu rules
1] Warren
2]
3]

Void Bijuu
1] Uetto
2] Eric
3] Murcielago
4] Razvan
5] ShinobiIceSlayer
6] Ratatosk
7] Koji
8] Raifudo
9] Hades
10] Court
11] Xiarawst
12] Gitsune
13] Ace
14]
15]

How did Keito vote
How did Genesis vote
How did Shadow vote - temporary ban was not an option

I don't get a tally of 15 for any option. Someone smarter than me is gonna have to figure it out.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:39:43 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2015, 02:02:47 PM »

And this is the issue that I think is only going to piss more off. We go back on amending the rules, and eventually we are gonna end up in the same position we are now. If no one can play nicely about anything, then just abolish the bijuu and the rules..... Either way, I'm standing by my decision because I have only seen it as a headache being a Jinchuriki.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »

I agree that it is a headache being a host. Something that I thought was going to be fun and cool for Yugito to have, her canon bijuu...

but just because I wish to never be a host again does not mean I think that people who want to do this should not get a chance. That would be just like if I decided the SSM should be banned and all sword groups because it went to shit for me.

But anyway...this vote thing...I can't even get a clear reading on who wanted what. So I figured to try and put my efforts to helping amend some rules. not to say...fuck you bijuu banners...but to try and help scrap together something that might work for those who want to play with them still.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »

but just because I wish to never be a host again does not mean I think that people who want to do this should not get a chance. That would be just like if I decided the SSM should be banned and all sword groups because it went to shit for me.

What is bolded is just golden you really think you can have a change against 95% of these people unless
A: you write like a Pro
B: You are stupidly overpowered with enough writing skills

Using the profile wiki there is what the current Jinchuriki and what they have. Maybe you can spot the problem why people vote to void them.

Warren: Wood Release/Senju DNA, Sharingan + Rinnegan?
Gitsune: Senju Blood, Byakugan, Sage, Samehada, Gates
Eiko: Shikotsumyaku
Ichirou: Bygakugan + Hriashin + Tenseigan
Rusaku: Byakugan, Wood Release/Senju DNA, Plasma Release [Custom] + Tensigan
Keitō: Uzumaki Blood, Wood Release, Sage
Madara: Sharingan, Wood Release/Senju DNA, Shikotsumyaku, EMS, + Rinnegan
Athos: Sage, Uzumaki Blood, Gates, Sharingan, EMS
Shadow: Bakuton and Hirashin
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:49:55 PM by Ratatosk »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »

Void Bijuu
1]
2] Eric
3] Murcielago
4] Razvan
5] ShinobiIceSlayer
6] Ratatosk
7] Koji
8] Raifudo
9] Hades
10] Court
11] Xiarawst
12] Gitsune
13]
14]
15].

Number ONE, baby!!!

This whole voting thing is a mess though. Lets choose the best fighter from each side to duke it out and see who wins.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 24 queries.