Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Qualitative or Quantitative?  (Read 10022 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Qualitative or Quantitative?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 02:17:20 AM »

Merely making compromise was all. There are videos of people catching arrows and/or deflecting them at like 10-15 yards. It is not under five but still just pointing it out. I just watched a samurai guy cut a bb in have. A small bb. It was at probably 15 yards but awesome. And those things travel fast. Air soft. Typically faster than the eye can keep track of.

Regardless the moment you drew back I'd be preparing to defend. There is more at play than just me standing there to get shot.

Because the arrow was not fully drawn when released.

I assume this is the video you're talking about..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzhs1Z8Rwnk

Small bb is traveling at 200 mph (293.333 ft per sec)
The samurai is 70 ft away.
If your reaction time is 2/10 of a second, you can react and move at 58.67 ft
Even if your reaction time is 1/10 of a second, you can react and move at 29.3 ft
So thank you for proving my point about human reaction time.

@Becquerel
Can you explain what you posted exactly?
I see a bunch of calculations but I'm not sure what's the main objective of all that.
Is it saying that the rate that those CTs fell to the Earth would have caused world annihilation?

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:41 AM »

To my understanding some dude mathed the chibaku tensei rain of juubi-Madara would have had the combined force equal to dropping the moon down to earth.

And wizard is apt, Bec. Pureblood otsus were literally aliens, before mingling with earthlings.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 02:49:20 AM »

Basically, yeah. There's another one that goes along with it that shows that each of the meteors basically dwarf the village of konoha, but I couldn't find it.

It's too bad there's no one that ever did a speed one. But even still, there's no way Naruto characters have normal reaction times...But that's why I feel that qualitative would just be easier to do because instead of saying your arrow travels from a distance of X at a speed of Ykm/s from latitude Z, longitude W, with wind-speeds of V, on Monday, at 1628, during the robin's breeding season, etc...
If you go qualitative, then everyone acts with ninja-like skills and reactions. But, regardless, people are going to argue because that's what we've been doing since the dawn of man lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 03:03:06 AM »

Basically, yeah. There's another one that goes along with it that shows that each of the meteors basically dwarf the village of konoha, but I couldn't find it.

It's too bad there's no one that ever did a speed one. But even still, there's no way Naruto characters have normal reaction times...But that's why I feel that qualitative would just be easier to do because instead of saying your arrow travels from a distance of X at a speed of Ykm/s from latitude Z, longitude W, with wind-speeds of V, on Monday, at 1628, during the robin's breeding season, etc...
If you go qualitative, then everyone acts with ninja-like skills and reactions. But, regardless, people are going to argue because that's what we've been doing since the dawn of man lol

Normal reaction time of a human is 0.25 of a second, I gave every "shinobi" here a reaction time of 0.10 of a second. So technically, you already have above-normal reaction time anyway. >.>

Fine, I'll just say something like, "You would need FTG or Lightning Release Chakra mode to dodge my attack" to get my point across then.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 03:04:43 AM »

Normal reaction time of a human is 0.25 of a second, I gave every "shinobi" here a reaction time of 0.10 of a second. So technically, you already have above-normal reaction time anyway. >.>

Fine, I'll just say something like, "You would need FTG or Lightning Release Chakra mode to dodge my attack" to get my point across then.

Yeah that's how you should do it.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 06:16:44 AM »

Merely making compromise was all. There are videos of people catching arrows and/or deflecting them at like 10-15 yards. It is not under five but still just pointing it out. I just watched a samurai guy cut a bb in have. A small bb. It was at probably 15 yards but awesome. And those things travel fast. Air soft. Typically faster than the eye can keep track of.

Regardless the moment you drew back I'd be preparing to defend. There is more at play than just me standing there to get shot.

Even if your reaction time is 1/10 of a second, you can react and move at 29.3 ft

@Becquerel
I see a bunch of calculations but I'm not sure what's the main objective of all that.
Is it saying that the rate that those CTs fell to the Earth would have caused world annihilation?

I was just saying to cut a moving bb in half is amazing no matter how you look at it.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 06:19:02 AM »

@Becquerel

I was just saying to cut a moving bb in half is amazing no matter how you look at it.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »

There is nothin wrong with argueing. It is only natural people woud have different views. And you should feel welcomed to having your own views on things. The problem is being able to have a different opinion from each other and being to stubborn to meet half way on the subject.

That is why I say if Mei and I were actually having this debate in a zone match or rp I would bring forth a compromise of taking damage while being able to deflect. That way both our demands are met. I get to dodge and the opponent gets to deal a hit. Then we can proceed to the next postin round. And the rp moves along smoothly.

It's not about being right or wrong. It's about being able to get along and share some fun acting out the current scene you rp with your fellow rper. It's not life or death but a hobby we do because we enjoy it and should be hear to have fun with each other (non-sexual).

That's why I went on to explain my outlook on the issue and presented a compromise in hope Mei would also take it into consideration and respond with one as well. And from there we take the middle ground of the two the best we can.

There is no need for but-hurt or temper flares. I respect Mei's outlook. I disagree fully but respect it. And I have no ill feelings at all for having opposing opinions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »

... It's not life or death but a hobby we do because we enjoy it and should be hear to have fun with each other (non-sexual).

Fixed that for ya, cause you know, when we lost the garden intimacy, we lost the luv to compromise.  :P It wasn't about numbers, it was about what we wanted to do with each other to make each other feel good.

#BringBacktheGardens
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »

That is why I say if Mei and I were actually having this debate in a zone match or rp I would bring forth a compromise of taking damage while being able to deflect. That way both our demands are met. I get to dodge and the opponent gets to deal a hit. Then we can proceed to the next postin round. And the rp moves along smoothly.

Yeah, but then we'll argue about the damage you should have sustained. =P

If the opponent takes the hit, even if it's not critical, I would be glad.
It's still better than completely dodging it, given the situation mentioned.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 12:39:01 AM »

I love reading these discussions out of context...

Eric
Fixed that for ya, cause you know, when we lost the garden intimacy, we lost the luv... it was about what we wanted to do with each other to make each other feel good.

#BringBacktheGardens

Mei

If the opponent takes the hit... I would be glad.

Kirk
That's why I went on to explain my outlook on the issue and presented a compromise in hope Mei would also take it...There is no need for but-hurt... I respect Mei
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:42:34 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 06:11:42 AM »

If the opponent takes the hit, even if it's not critical, I would be glad.

It would probably be briefly debated. Truthfully I find once people start to compromise it becomes easier to do as the fight progresses.

For instance I said a hurt hand and a piercing that would be one inch deep. Meaning bleeding of course and a hurt hand can always play a major role.

Now you would say that's not enough. So I would say a hurt hand and a gash across my left ribs 6 inches long and 1/4 inches deep. That a good size gash. Major blood flow there. Unless treated I'd be in trouble with a matter of five to ten minutes. Blood loss and the movements of battle increasing blood flow from the wound. That'd probably settle it.

Of course I'd probably attempt to treat my wounds. But that itself presents a challenge. Defend and treat. Really no room for attack or counter. It adds up to making your hit even that much more valuable to you. Pop a blood pill and go with it I suppose if the pressure is on lol.

And Kay... you dirty girl

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »

It would probably be briefly debated. Truthfully I find once people start to compromise it becomes easier to do as the fight progresses.

For instance I said a hurt hand and a piercing that would be one inch deep. Meaning bleeding of course and a hurt hand can always play a major role.

Now you would say that's not enough. So I would say a hurt hand and a gash across my left ribs 6 inches long and 1/4 inches deep. That a good size gash. Major blood flow there. Unless treated I'd be in trouble with a matter of five to ten minutes. Blood loss and the movements of battle increasing blood flow from the wound. That'd probably settle it.

Of course I'd probably attempt to treat my wounds. But that itself presents a challenge. Defend and treat. Really no room for attack or counter. It adds up to making your hit even that much more valuable to you. Pop a blood pill and go with it I suppose if the pressure is on lol.

The 'we'll argue about the damage you should have sustained' was a joke.
I would not take an argument that far. o.o
If you take a hit, you take a hit. You decide what damage you took from it.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »

Actually, people don't bleed too much when they suffer a gunshot wound to the ribs. (just as long as it doesn't hit around the heart area lol) Sure, there's arteries beneath each of the ribs (which is why they advise us to basically 'surf the bone' when we do needle thoracentesis or have to drop a chest tube at the STP before we can evac to a higer echelon of care) but the main worry when dealing with chest/rib injuries is pneumothorax or hemopneumothorax. So as long as the pleural space isn't punctured, you probably wouldn't have to worry too much. Though, with blunt trauma you can have pneumothorax occur without puncturing of the chest area.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:06:54 PM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2015, 07:28:40 PM »

Actually, people don't bleed too much when they suffer a gunshot wound to the ribs. (just as long as it doesn't hit around the heart area lol) Sure, there's arteries beneath each of the ribs (which is why they advise us to basically 'surf the bone' when we do needle thoracentesis or have to drop a chest tube at the STP before we can evac to a higer echelon of care) but the main worry when dealing with chest/rib injuries is pneumothorax or hemopneumothorax. So as long as the pleural space isn't punctured, you probably wouldn't have to worry too much. Though, with blunt trauma you can have pneumothorax occur without puncturing of the chest area.

Well yeah that's just common knowledge.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.