Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Extended Bios (Sectioned Bios)  (Read 11912 times)

Demon Bandit Taumaster

Extended Bios (Sectioned Bios)
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:03:03 PM »

Since that bio eyecolor/haircolor "bug" (I'm not sure if we can call it a bug, more like a small easteregg) was fixed up, a lot of people lost their RP-ish bios. These bios looked like the normal bios, but with the use of the `n code, people were able to add a lot more roleplaying parts to their bios. This made their characters more unique and, in my opinion, encouraged RP. I noticed a lot of people were upset with this "fix."

I'm requesting a new section of the additional biofos tab (within the preferences). Below the haircolor and eye color would be a max of 10 extra boxes (so, 10 lines). These would format just as the haircolor and eyecolor, but you could choose whatever you want (chakra affinity, home village, etc, etc). It's somewhat hard to explain how exactly these would look besides saying they'd format exactly like the eyecolor and hair color.

Here's an example (including the color codes to better understand how they'd look):
`^Home Village: `~K`Yum`yo`tg`yaku`Yr`~e
`^Chakra Affinity: `YR`yaito`Yn
`^Bijuu: `4K`$yuub`4i
..and so on.

You'd have 10 of these "boxes" to fill. Maybe put a 50-ish char limit on each box? Ideas, improvements, and comments are welcome.

Edit: I'm also making a small edit requesting the haircolor and eyecolor char limits be increased. Unless you want a simple  "Red" put in the box, not much can fit. I had "Sangria Red" with a bunch of color codes and all that fit was "Sang" while colored.

A second edit: If we're scared people may use the `n function, why not just block it from being used in bios? (like the bold and italic functions).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:57:20 PM by Demon Bandit Taumaster »

Ryukage Darkrasengan

Re: Bios
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:37 PM »

Within each box, I am sure someone would put the " 'n " code once more. Maybe Neji does not want this to happen.

However, I agree 100%, and hope he'll allow this.  :cry:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:12:10 PM by Ryukage Darkrasengan »

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »

That's why there'd by a 50 char limit.  ;) 
You can still put `n in eyecolor and haircolor..you just don't have any room.
In my example, `^Home Village: `~K`Yum`yo`tg`yaku`Yr`~e takes up 38 chars (if I counted right). That leaves only a few to possibly add in another color or such.

Also, I made a small edit to my request.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:16:00 PM by Demon Bandit Taumaster »

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:18:26 PM »

I see what you mean now. It's reasonable enough, hope Neji thinks so.  :roll:

I hope you saved your history Tau. :P
It looked like you did a lot of work. >.>

Demon Bandit Taumaster

Re: Extended Bios (Sectioned Bios)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »

I did so just now. This seems reasonable and I think many would enjoy this.

For anyone who thinks they lost their work: The extended bios are still there, but only the first chars appeared.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:20:44 PM by Demon Bandit Taumaster »

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »

I saved, literally everything.

What do you mean by, "but only the first chars appeared." ? >.>

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »

If you go check your preferences now, your entire bio in the eyecolor/haircolor sections are still there, but only the first few chars appear if you click on your name in the list warriors.

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »

Oh yeah, I've noticed that already. However there's no point in really keeping them there. Unless you cannot save them elsewhere.

However, if I'm correct, they will be deleted if not corrected.

Ryo

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 11:39:57 PM »

This actually sounds like a very good idea. I tag it "Ryo Approved!"
xD
It does add individuality to the character, though so does an extended biography from freewebs.com or another site of similar context.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 11:44:36 PM »

The problem with that (using webs.com) is: it's an entirely separate site and takes a lot of time to setup if you want to include simple things like home village, special traits, clan, etc. It's nice to just have those in your bio.

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »

The problem with that (using webs.com) is: it's an entirely separate site and takes a lot of time to setup if you want to include simple things like home village, special traits, clan, etc. It's nice to just have those in your bio.

Besides not everybody visits the webs.com "bio" it would be better if we could use this idea, it sounds great, 10 boxes where you can put some basic RP info.

IceSlayer

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 11:48:46 PM »

I like it, it wouldn't take much to do really, and it's a great idea to get people into RP
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:01:58 AM by IceSlayer »

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 11:54:06 PM »

I like it, it would take much to do really, and it's a great idea to get people into RP
You mean wouldn't take much to do, right?

IceSlayer

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 12:04:18 AM »

That's what I said >.>

But again I like it, though made just have a few set boxes you could fill in, that would be much easier.
However this would take a lot of space in the Database, think you'd have to save 10 items for each player, 10 times the number of player = every large amount of Data.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 12:05:36 AM »

That's the same thing I was thinking. Would 10 boxes of 50 chars max in a bio take up a lot of space?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.